Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting fit, again.

Went out on a bike ride with Dan yesterday. We covered about 30 miles, which isn't bad for my first time back on the saddle for over a year. I did get the feeling that 'Ironman' Dan was probably finding the ride to be an easy one, despite his claims of also being out of shape.
We went from my folks place, through Ipswich and then towards Hadleigh. I don't really know the area and Dan only has a slightly better idea than me, but he managed to take us on a decent route. It wasn't intended as a training ride, more of something to do while we chatted. It was a great day for it, albeit a little windy.
It's given me some motivation to start to try and get back into proper shape. I shouldn't be too hard on myself, but I can't help but feel like I'm being lazy when, at university, I was spending about 14 hours a week training, which went down to about 5 hours a week, at best, in Korea. Dan did point out that working full time might have something to do with that. Still it would be nice to try and get back into a routine again. At the moment I'm not even getting 5 hours a week in so I should try and make a start soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment