Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ready for the off.

How long would it take you to prepare to move to a foreign country for an indeterminable amount of time? I only ask because it seems to have taken me bloody ages and I'm still not ready.
I've been in the UK for about a month now. I'm pretty much set for my departure this Friday but I still haven't finished all the CELTA precourse tasks, nor have I gotten any baht but the former will be done tomorrow and the latter... Well, I have a long flight ahead of me.
I'm not particularly nervous about the move, partly because I've known it was going to happen for a long while now. Long before I returned to the UK so its not like I've put down any roots here. It might also be that its such a big thing, too big for me to fully comprehend, so I'm not even trying. I don't know the language, I don't know the culture, I don't even know what the job situation is like. But I'm committed to it so I'm going to see it through. Obviously I'll keep you updated on how the whole fiasco goes :)
All this...

...into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment