Friday, December 2, 2011

Overdue Update

So I arrived back in the UK in July after 6 months in Iraq. Safe to say I don't think I'll be returning there in a hurry. Lovely people, the Kurds, but the school I taught in was a little rubbish. Anywho, after returning to the UK I've spent most of my time down in Devon, volunteering at Lower Upcott Farm. I had a great time there; building, farming, cutting down oak, corralling pigs, getting stepped on by shire horses, picking apples and generally having a good time. Here are a few pics from my time there.

Shire horses

Ben using the shires to turn hay.

Jack the Russell

More hay turning



Taja, the peahen.

Chickens running for breakfast.

Ducks also believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Almost corny this one.

Shire mare

Doogle, the water spaniel.

Taja with Dill, an Oxford and Sandy pig.

Some Oxford and Sandy piglets.








Red Ruby Devon cow.

Young male Red deer

Maybe some sort of milk cap, not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment