Friday, July 2, 2010

My woodcarving tools


Here are the tools that I use for the wood carving that I do. At the top is a Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet. It's used for the rough shaping of the wood. It's possible to do most of the carving with this as it's a surprisingly versatile tool. On the left is a Leatherman Wave. This doesn't get a great deal of use but the small saw comes in handy at times. Next to it is a Mora crook knife. This is used for hollowing out spoons, bowls and kuksas. Finally I have two general purpose knives. The first is a Mora clipper. It's a cheap carbon steel knife that holds a surprising good edge. Next to it is a much more comfortable, and much stronger tool steel knife with an apple wood handle. This knife keeps it's edge better than the clipper and I find it much more enjoyable to use.
Soon I'll post some picks of the various carvings that I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment